Action-oriented, collaborative groups working together to support health and wellness for Indigenous Peoples, families and communities in Northern BC
What are A/IHICs?
- action-oriented, collaborative groups that work together to support health and wellness for Indigenous Peoples, families and communities in Northern BC
The 8 A/IHICs are:
Who is involved?
- local representatives from Indigenous communities and organizations, the First Nations Health Authority, Northern Health, and other sectors
What do A/IHICs do?
- work to identify local health care priorities and work together towards practical solutions
- build connections by providing opportunities for new and stronger relationships
- increase cultural understanding between diverse communities and sectors
- incorporate Indigenous Peoples' perspectives and experiences
What are some A/IHIC activities and accomplishments?
- local cultural resource development
- patient journey and process mapping activities
- annual All A/IHIC Gatherings 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
How can I learn more about each of the 8 A/IHICs?
Visit each A/IHIC page for a list of member communities, contact information and additional resources!