NH commitment to Indigenous Health and Reconciliation
Northern Health acknowledges the harms experienced by Indigenous peoples accessing the health system.
We are committed to new ways of being by building healthy and trusting relationships with Indigenous communities, families, individuals, and employees.
These commitments are interwoven throughout the strategic priorities and are integral to the success of Northern Health.
We commit to
- Striving to ensure that all Indigenous people have access to high quality, culturally safe, and respectful services.
- Narrowing health disparities experienced by Indigenous peoples.
- Implementing changes to address cultural safety, and to confront racism and stigmatization of Indigenous peoples.
- Building a health system that aligns with the values and knowledge of the people we serve.
- Centering Indigenous ways of being and knowing in the health services we provide.