The Miyoopimatishihk (Wellbeing) Program is intended to support Métis families with children, from birth to eight years old.
The program is the first of more “early years” programs to come. Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) Ministry of Education intends to unveil more this spring.
The Miyoopimatishihk (Wellbeing) Program was inspired by collaboration with Métis families and communities, who have been sharing their stories with the Métis Family Connections program staff.
What is Métis Family Connections?
Métis Family Connections was developed by MNBC for families with Métis children (MNBC citizens and self-identified Métis. This program is focused on helping families build a network of support that provides children with opportunities for early learning and childhood development. Métis Family Connections Navigators are available to assist families in accessing programs and services that are available in their region and connect them to community and culture.
Why should you enroll your child in Métis Family Connections?
- To learn more about Métis identity and the Métis Nation.
- To be up to date on what early years services are available in your community and how to access them.
- To be connected to other Métis families.
- To have support for your child through each stage of their development.
- Opportunities to attend Métis Family Gathering camps with your children.
- To receive Métis cultural resources